The Elementary Principal

Encouraging and communicating the daily " goods, GREATS, and not-so greats that the Elementary Principal experiences on a daily basis. Provides a way to share ideas, network, and connect staff, students, and their principals.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Remember to Relax

Today is my son's 2nd birthday. I had promised my wife Cindy that I would take the day off. Easy enough.... ya , right. By 8am I was answering phone calls. Needless to say I was really frustrated and was on the phone a lot and eventually had to go in to clean up around our new pavilion to prepare for our back to school bbq tomorrow.
It's so important to take time to take care of yourself and your family. Keeping your emotional cup full is very important to doing an effective and positive job. If you are empty then you have nothing to give out to those around you, including kids. This can truly be dangerous. I got home early enough and watched Luke drive his new John Deere 12v tractor around the driveway like a pro. I'm fuller now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home