The Elementary Principal

Encouraging and communicating the daily " goods, GREATS, and not-so greats that the Elementary Principal experiences on a daily basis. Provides a way to share ideas, network, and connect staff, students, and their principals.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Building is Burning, The Building is Burning

Well, 1 1/2 weeks till the beginning of a new school year. I really can't wait and I'm excited but the drama is beginning already. Let's see.... Everyone needs everything....from me... and Kathy... my beloved secretary.

A parent "politely" told me today that I don't care about kids.... okay....I've dedicated my lifes work to them or maybe it's because I'm not willing to break the law to accomodate her child in all day every day kindergarten... you be the judge.

Question: Do you ever wander if parents really don't mean the hateful and hurtful things that they say and maybe their are just being manipulative or do they really mean it? Hope not.
I'm afraid I may be getting more comfortable at being "honest" right back..

Have a good one

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Kandel said...

Tough Love,
Whether she was ticked or not, she had to come to grips with her self at some point. You did the right thing. If more people would have done that in her life she wouldn't be in the position she's in now.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home